Tuesday, April 5, 2011

My Dinosaur

As the end of our adventure comes into sight, I am reminded of the friends I will be seeing soon. I am also reminded of dinosaurs. Yes, dinosaurs. I gave a small plastic dinosaur to each of my friends and family with instructions for them to take pictures of their dinosaur in various locations (home, work, school, travel, anywhere). I kept one dino for myself, and he has been with me on this whole adventure, either hanging by his tail from a peg in my bunk on the boat, or in a pocket in my backpack. That is, when I wasn't taking pictures of him. Here are some pictures of my dino, on his own EYEotW adventure:

Dino on the plane from L.A. to Tahiti, where I joined the crew.

Dino in a bank on Bora Bora, where Adam, Alan S., and Will got their deposits back right before we left French Polynesia.

Dino, enjoying some peanut butter and toast on the boat.

On our way into American Samoa, Dino dodged explosives! (Not really, but it was marked on the chart plotter!)

After a long night watch, dino gets some sleep.

Dino doing some laundry.

Dino has fun at a Tongan feast.

Dino LOVES blueberry pancakes!

After hiking to the top of Lizard Island, Dino needed some stability help due to the high winds.

Dino says goodbye to Sri Lanka, on our last train ride from Galle to Colombo.

Dino, relaxing on a train in Poland.

To be continued?...