Thursday, March 3, 2011

Contemporary Art: I Don't Get It.


I enjoyed visiting museums while in Warsaw, not least because they provided a place to warm up after walking around in the cold! Many also had a free entry day, and I was able to plan explorations around those days. And of course, the exhibits, paintings, and artifacts were very interesting to learn about.

One museum I visited is called the Centrum Sztuki Współczesnej, or the Center for Contemporary Art. It was nice to walk around, but I must admit that I don't really get contemporary art. It was fun creating my own interpretations, though. Here's some of the things I saw during my visit:

A big room with clips of deer running away projected onto the walls.

This giant wooden fish was suspended from the ceiling, and the blue light reminded me of a light saber.

This green table was my favorite exhibit. It's winter now and most things are covered in snow, so I think I just miss the color green!

Also there's a circle of tiny sheep on it!

This display reminded me of my friend Megan, who likes both bikes and the color yellow.

Stairs going nowhere?

This reminded me of my cats, because it looks like a giant hairball.