Monday, September 6, 2010

The Search for Used Bookstores: Australian Edition, Round 2

After a long walk, a bus ride, and another long walk, I made it to the second used bookstore I had spotted. And all the walking was worth it, and that includes lugging my new old books all the way back to the boat!

This was a two story bookshop, crammed to the ceilings with books. Better yet, the prices were cheaper than at the other one, with both hardback and paperback books priced around $8 each. Best of all, there was a cute dog that I got to play with while browsing the shelves.

While there were multiple series of books that I wanted to get, budget constraints and limited storage space on the boat forced me to choose. I ended up getting a series that I've read before but enjoyed very much: The Dark Tower series, by Stephen King. Lucky for me, there are seven massive books in the series, and they'll keep me occupied for quite a while!